Author Topic: Geotag changed, how to store and export for Lightroom?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline zierbeek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Geotag changed, how to store and export for Lightroom?
« on: April 22, 2022, 02:59:10 PM »
Hi!

I had some trouble changing the geotag and getting it synced, I used exiftool since it didn't work for me in photomechanic.
I did some finetuning in photo mechanic so now I want to store everything and export the raw's for editing in Lightroom. When I just close photo mechanic and open in Lightroom, it seems that the geotag hasn't changed and that coordinates for some are in the middle of the ocean.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Geotag changed, how to store and export for Lightroom?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 03:03:21 PM »
I had some trouble changing the geotag and getting it synced, I used exiftool since it didn't work for me in photomechanic.
I did some finetuning in photo mechanic so now I want to store everything and export the raw's for editing in Lightroom. When I just close photo mechanic and open in Lightroom, it seems that the geotag hasn't changed and that coordinates for some are in the middle of the ocean.

Have you forced Lightroom to read the updated metadata?

-Kirk

Offline zierbeek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 01:37:29 AM »
I did import the photos after I had done the updates in photo mechanic. It somehow take a different coordinate in Lightroom then what photo mechanic has assigned to it.

Offline zierbeek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 01:42:14 AM »
These are the relevant things. So import in Lightroom done after editing in photo mechanic, also forced reading metadata from files with the button: "read metadata from files".

Offline zierbeek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 06:22:36 AM »
I turned off reverse geocoding while editing and it seems to have fixed the issue.