Author Topic: Tags not appearing  (Read 1628 times)

Offline msturk

• View Profile
Tags not appearing
« on: May 01, 2022, 07:06:00 PM »
I'm using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6474 (389323d) and an Apple M1 Pro with Monterey 12.3.1
Today I was tagging game images. I could see the tags in the cameras but when ingest the Nikon Z9 tags did not appear while the Nikon D4 tags did appear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tags not appearing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 07:15:12 PM »
Mike,

I'm using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6474 (389323d) and an Apple M1 Pro with Monterey 12.3.1
Today I was tagging game images. I could see the tags in the cameras but when ingest the Nikon Z9 tags did not appear while the Nikon D4 tags did appear. Any help would be appreciated.

If you view the Z9 images in the Finder and Get Info on them, are they locked?  If not, then PM won't see them as tagged.

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:35:22 PM »
I checked and they are not locked but I was shooting one card as RAW and the other JPEG. Is that an issue?

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 07:56:25 PM »
Now the tags are appearing but I'm not sure why. They are showing up Locked when I check in Get Info and they are also appearing tagged in Photo Mechanic. Any idea what happened here?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 08:07:04 AM »
Mike,

Now the tags are appearing but I'm not sure why. They are showing up Locked when I check in Get Info and they are also appearing tagged in Photo Mechanic. Any idea what happened here?

Nope, no ideas.

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 09:17:02 AM »
I checked and they are not locked but I was shooting one card as RAW and the other JPEG. Is that an issue?

Most cameras, in my experience, only lock the files on one card.

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 01:11:25 PM »
I'm thinking I was tagging the RAW and assuming incorrectly that the JPEG in Slot 2 was being tagged as well. That makes the most sense since both files appear one after the other and RAW was in Slot 1 so likely appeared first so that's the one I tagged. In future I will shoot RAW+JPEG in both slots or simply all JPEG in both slots. Anyway thanks for replying everyone.