Author Topic: Update PM Automatically in the background or with one click  (Read 596 times)

Offline ddegner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Boston Photographer
Update PM Automatically in the background or with one click
« on: January 21, 2023, 12:31:15 PM »
You all do great work in constantly updating PM.  But that means that when I am rushing to open PM because I have to submit photos for a deadline, I often get the notice that there is an update available.  I swat it away most of the time because an update takes about six clicks and at least 2 minutes.  But that keeps the update nag screen waiting for me the next time I open up PM.

Could you streamline the situation?  Either put the nag screen on "close", or add a little icon in the contact sheet when an update is available.  Or, the best option would be to download the update in the background and install it on close.  Of course, make this an option in preferences so that no one gets a nasty surprise on their legacy machines.  For most of their your customers, this would remove a nag screen that distracts them when they are under stress.
Just another Boston based photographer doing the photojournalism and commercial photography thing.