Author Topic: E-mail in 4.5.1 beta  (Read 5133 times)

Offline vinnie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Vincent MacNamara Photography
E-mail in 4.5.1 beta
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:46:25 AM »
Kirk,

I've just been trying the fixed e-mail function in the 4.5.1 beta. I don't get the MAPI error anymore. E-mails send ok, provided I send them without review, but if I review them in Outlook, clicking on the send button in Outlook has no effect - it just sits there doing nothing. I'm on XP SP2 using Outlook 2003.

BTW - Is there any way to a) select the outgoing e-mail address used? b) add a signature from within PM?, c) Only have the message show with the first e-mail if multiple files are sent in different e-mails? and d) show file 1 of 5 etc in the e-mail header where files are sent over separate e-mails?

Vinnie

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: E-mail in 4.5.1 beta
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:35:06 AM »
Hi Vinnie,

I've just been trying the fixed e-mail function in the 4.5.1 beta. I don't get the MAPI error anymore. E-mails send ok, provided I send them without review, but if I review them in Outlook, clicking on the send button in Outlook has no effect - it just sits there doing nothing. I'm on XP SP2 using Outlook 2003.

Is there anything special you can see about the email in Outlook that would cause this to occur?  Maybe some issue with the recipients?

What if you enter no recipients in PM and add them manually in Outlook?  Does it send then?

Quote from: vinnie
BTW - Is there any way to a) select the outgoing e-mail address used?

No.

b) add a signature from within PM?

You can type whatever you want into the body text...

c) Only have the message show with the first e-mail if multiple files are sent in different e-mails? and

No.

d) show file 1 of 5 etc in the e-mail header where files are sent over separate e-mails?

You can use variables in the Subject to do that, like:

File {index} of {total}

-Kirk

Offline Matt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:50:47 AM »
My Email's just sit there too.....until Outlook cycles for it's next Send/Receive.   I can manually start the cycle and they are on their way.   I believe it has always behaved this way when you preveiw your Email.

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »
When you preview you Email while using PM and press the send button, the Email is stored in your OUTBOX. You must open OUTLOOK and use the send/receive button to send the mail.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
Billy,

When you preview you Email while using PM and press the send button, the Email is stored in your OUTBOX. You must open OUTLOOK and use the send/receive button to send the mail.

I'm not an Outlook expert by any means, but is there some setting that allows you to automatically send messages in your outbox every minute or two?

-Kirk

Offline vinnie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Vincent MacNamara Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 07:25:06 AM »
Kirk,

I didn't explain well enough. After review, I hit send. Nothing happens. Normally the e-mail would close, and go into the outbox. If I close it manually, I'm asked "Do you want to save changes?" If I say yes, the e-mail closes and disappears without a trace :(. I just downloaded beta 2 and it's the same.

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 08:25:25 AM »

[/quote]

I'm not an Outlook expert by any means, but is there some setting that allows you to automatically send messages in your outbox every minute or two?

-Kirk

[/quote]

Yes there is, but OUTLOOK has to be active.

Vinnie,
  My question to you are you adding comments to the message after the OUTLOOK box pops up? If you do, then OUTLOOK will ask if you want to save/cancel.