Author Topic: FTP upload and automatic mark / tag pictures  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Horst H.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP upload and automatic mark / tag pictures
« on: March 31, 2023, 11:26:53 PM »
Hy,

is it possible to add this function, pictures that are uploaded by ftp to tag oder mark by color? After a event that i upload my original files, i dont see which ones are always done. Thanks 

Offline elementalpress

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: FTP upload and automatic mark / tag pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:52:33 AM »
Hy,

is it possible to add this function, pictures that are uploaded by ftp to tag oder mark by color? After a event that i upload my original files, i dont see which ones are always done. Thanks

That would be really really helpful!

Offline Horst H.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 04:34:00 AM »
Anything new on the wish? Will be very helpfull, if uploaded photos will be marked. Thanks

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 06:52:00 AM »
Currently you can do something like that in Copy, Save and FTP dialogues if you use the option to Apply Metadata template, where you could set up rating color and tag for all the processed images. The issue is that this template is not dialog specific and is a global metadata template setting.

Adding something like
Set Rating
Set Color
Set Tag

as standalone settings to these dialogs could really help, without the need to dive into Metadata Template Dialog every time.
But also having a LOCAL Metadata Template option for everything would be awesome

Offline elementalpress

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 06:58:04 AM »
Currently you can do something like that in Copy and in Save dialogues if you use the option to Apply Metadata template, where you could set up rating color and tag for all the processed images. The issue is that this template is not dialog specific and is a global metadata template setting.

Not really! What we requesting is an automatic and permanent "tag", "color" or metadata change AFTER a ftp upload was successful. Usually, I send pictures with "send&forget". If I change the tab now I loose all information about failed uploads. That is a problem! Of course I can apply a template with color code etc. to each photo which was uploaded, but this time consuming and not really user friendly.

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 07:03:41 AM »
I'm only saying there is a workaround to do it. But I agree that having a proper & easy way of setting a tag/color/rating AFTER operation is complete would be the best.

Offline Horst H.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 03:44:32 AM »
I upload only the files incl. caption, not more editing. My old Nikon tagged the upload files, i dont understand why photomechanic dont have this point. Its a simple thing. Later at home i check all other files, and dont know i have always sent the files.

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 05:10:25 AM »
There are a lot of things which should be pretty simple in implementation. Hopefully CameraBits are collecting all of the feature requests for PMv7