Author Topic: Why it is not possible to select the built-in raw renderer on Apple Mac Air M2?  (Read 916 times)

Offline jrp

• View Profile
When you select enable render raw from the raw cache preferences, PM wants you to select where the Adobe Raw DNG convertor is, rather than using the built-in Apple Raw Convertor (which is pretty good).  The work around it just to shoot jpegs with the raws, I suppose, but it'd be even better the have a fully native version of PM for today's Macs.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
When you select enable render raw from the raw cache preferences, PM wants you to select where the Adobe Raw DNG convertor is, rather than using the built-in Apple Raw Convertor (which is pretty good).  The work around it just to shoot jpegs with the raws, I suppose, but it'd be even better the have a fully native version of PM for today's Macs.

The built-in renderer refers to our own RAW renderer that was never completed.  Most RAW files have good previews in them so no need to shoot JPEGs.  I do not recommend turning on the rendering via the DNG Converter since its performance is very poor.

-Kirk