Photo Mechanic > Support

Problem with 4.5 beta 2

(1/2) > >>

Wolvie:
Using the navigator I just tried twice to "Open folder and subfolders in contact sheet" command.  The folder I've tried to open has three levels of subfolders like this

----------------------------------------
-Burn
 - Archive
       - 03-25-07 sports
       - 04-17-07 news assignments
       - 05-02-07 sports

----------------------------------------
There are a total of 4300 files in this structure.  PM will not display any thumbnails nor previews of the files.  I had no problem opening each folder individually.  When I close the contact sheet there is a system hangup and PM stops working completely.  The window does not refresh and their is no hard drive activity.  When I try to close the PM window I get an error that says PM is not responding. 

PM works fine if I open a folder with several child folders at the same level.  If there are three levels, PM hangs.

I also tried opening a folder that contains subfolders with 34K plus low res files (23 to 120K in size - all jpg).  I got a message that says something to the effect that "...0x7c2821b2 reference memory...0x0000001c. Memory could not be read."  A win crash log was sent after this message appeared.

Wolvie:
I moved all the folders up one level and PM still crashes and will not display the thumbnail or preview files.  I know you've said in the past that PM can display an unlimited number of images, but it looks like at the moment after a 1000 or so opened in a single contact sheet it crashes.

The reason for so many files in a single directory or series of subdirectories is because I want to maintain the original dated coded folder when I burn DVD archives.

~W

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Wolvie on May 11, 2007, 09:39:01 PM ---I moved all the folders up one level and PM still crashes and will not display the thumbnail or preview files.  I know you've said in the past that PM can display an unlimited number of images, but it looks like at the moment after a 1000 or so opened in a single contact sheet it crashes.

The reason for so many files in a single directory or series of subdirectories is because I want to maintain the original dated coded folder when I burn DVD archives.
--- End quote ---

I have personally opened more than 200 folders and 20,000 images in a single contact sheet and it worked extremely well.

I'll see if I can reproduce your issue.

-Kirk

Wolvie:
Okay...

I figured out the problem  ;D

PM hangs up when it encounters a file type it does recognize.   The culprit looks to be the .mpg extension.  Once it scans a folder with a mpg file in it, it freezes.   To see what I mean stick a meg file in any folder with jpeg files.  The thumbnails will not display or a couple will before the program crashes.

~ Wolvie

P.S. - Is there any way you could have PM render thumbs of Ulead's UFO files?  I can send one if that helps.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Wolvie on May 13, 2007, 09:49:14 PM ---Okay...

I figured out the problem  ;D

PM hangs up when it encounters a file type it does recognize.   The culprit looks to be the .mpg extension.  Once it scans a folder with a mpg file in it, it freezes.   To see what I mean stick a meg file in any folder with jpeg files.  The thumbnails will not display or a couple will before the program crashes.

~ Wolvie

P.S. - Is there any way you could have PM render thumbs of Ulead's UFO files?  I can send one if that helps.

--- End quote ---

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed?

If you want me to support a file format, I would indeed need a set of sample files.  Contact me privately for server upload information.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version