Author Topic: Adding sequential numbering  (Read 898 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Adding sequential numbering
« on: October 17, 2022, 11:10:08 AM »
Is there a way for me to arrange a set of photographs in a particular order and then use a variable or other method to add a sequential number to a specific field (special or event probably) so that I could later sort by that number?

Thanks for any help!
David Hoffman

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Adding sequential numbering
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 11:15:29 AM »

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 01:45:50 PM »
Thanks - quick and easy.

But the actual arranging isn't going well. I'm dragging one or a few images around in a contact sheet of 20 or 30 and every 2nd or 3rd time I do it there's a couple of seconds pause and then all the images go to grey placeholders. After 25-30 seconds it's all back until the next time. I've restarted PM+ a few times, no change.

I'd forgotten to turn off logging after an earlier problem so the log's attached.

Mac Pro 5,1 10.14.6 lots of space & RAM

David

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 01:55:10 PM »
A bit more:

The images I'm arranging are in sub-collections.

When I have a new image not yet in the catalog I find it in the Navigator, include it in the catalog and then select the collection in order to add it. I mostly (?always) get the error message attached but all seems to be OK. The image is added as expected.

Maybe these are aspects of the same problem?

David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 02:23:10 PM »
David,

Thanks - quick and easy.

But the actual arranging isn't going well. I'm dragging one or a few images around in a contact sheet of 20 or 30 and every 2nd or 3rd time I do it there's a couple of seconds pause and then all the images go to grey placeholders. After 25-30 seconds it's all back until the next time. I've restarted PM+ a few times, no change.

I see no errors in the log.  If you can give me some specific times where problems occurred, I'll focus my attention there.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 02:23:53 PM »
David,

When I have a new image not yet in the catalog I find it in the Navigator, include it in the catalog and then select the collection in order to add it. I mostly (?always) get the error message attached but all seems to be OK. The image is added as expected.

Your post contained no images.  Try again?

-Kirk

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 12:55:15 AM »
Hi Kirk

This pause with grey placeholders while changing arrangements has happened before but is only now a problem as I need to do a lot of manual image ordering for a current project. I made the attached screenshot (apologies for forgetting it last night, I was fading) in the course of a recent session and that's timed at 2022-10-17 at 21.49.17 BST so the log entries for an hour either side of that should be relevant.

David