Author Topic: Map window doesn't close with Escape key consistently  (Read 444 times)

Offline AnnieP

• View Profile
Map window doesn't close with Escape key consistently
« on: January 19, 2023, 01:05:31 PM »
This is a minor thing, but when I have the "Show Map" map open and then copy info from the Info Text box, I cannot close the Map window with the Escape key. I have to use the mouse and click on the red "close window" button.

If I have the "Show Map" open, then copy the GPS info that pops up at the photo location, the Map window WILL close with the Escape key.

If the "Show Map" is opened, and I just view the map, don't do anything with any data, the Escape key does not work either.

Is there any way you could ALWAYS close the "Show Map" window with the Escape key? It's just so much quicker than using the mouse.

Many thanks for any input.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Map window doesn't close with Escape key consistently
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 02:48:12 PM »
Looks like this is because the Show Map window isn't taking focus after opening up so you need to click into it after it opens (it seems like the first time you open it, it takes focus, but then after that, it does not). I'll put in a bug report and unless there's a reason why its like this that prevents us from fixing it, I'm sure it makes sense to have the Show Map window always take focus.