Author Topic: PM crash reporter  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Simon DTW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM crash reporter
« on: May 16, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »
Hi Kirk, today I simply connected a Lexar card in a Lexar Firewire card reader I'd  used many times before to my G4 Powerbook running 10.4.8 with the first beta of 4.5.1 already running.  This caused the app to crash and the PM crash reporter came up. Without entering any details (an error on my part I admit) I hit the send report option , after this none of the buttons on the crash reporter would respond thus causing me to have  to force quit PM.  Again there as a loss of my prefs, indeed I believe that my last experience of loss of prefs did not involve the Apple Crash reporter at all but the PM one.

thanks
Simon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM crash reporter
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
Simon,

Hi Kirk, today I simply connected a Lexar card in a Lexar Firewire card reader I'd  used many times before to my G4 Powerbook running 10.4.8 with the first beta of 4.5.1 already running.  This caused the app to crash and the PM crash reporter came up. Without entering any details (an error on my part I admit) I hit the send report option , after this none of the buttons on the crash reporter would respond thus causing me to have  to force quit PM.  Again there as a loss of my prefs, indeed I believe that my last experience of loss of prefs did not involve the Apple Crash reporter at all but the PM one.

The PM Crash Reporter does not access your Preferences file so it cannot have caused any data loss.

The fact that PM crashed was responsible for the partial data loss that you experienced.

-Kirk

Offline Simon DTW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PM crash reporter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:53:15 AM »
Ah, I see, thanks.

Simon