Author Topic: slide show advances too slowly  (Read 613 times)

Offline randall_benton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
slide show advances too slowly
« on: February 09, 2023, 10:31:46 AM »
I recently upgraded to PM6, and I am slowly getting familiar with its subtle changes from PM5. One of the features I use routinely is the slide show function. I use it to see my rough edits at full screen and tag my selects as I cycle through. I need to work fast, but with PM6 there is a full 1 second delay between my keystroke, and the appearance of the next image. This sounds minor, but when editing dozens (or sometimes hundreds) of images on deadline, it can be brutal. With PM5 the transitions were instantaneous. I have studied all the setting and options I can think of but the slide shows are just sluggish. Is there a a setting I am missing? I am running this on a 2018 MacBook Pro, macOS 13.2.
Thank you very much.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: slide show advances too slowly
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 04:36:40 PM »
There's no setting that changes the responsiveness of the slideshow, however, though it is possible we don't really recommend using the slideshow for editing purposes. Have you tried the fullscreen mode of the preview window? Open a Preview, hit Command+Ctrl+F on your keyboard to bring it full screen, and then use the F key to hide any panels of the preview window. At this point, your screen should look more like my screenshot, as well as be far more responsive than the slideshow.

Hope that helps!

Offline randall_benton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: slide show advances too slowly
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 12:15:18 AM »
Thank you for this response. I can see some advantages to this over the 'slide show' method. I will adapt this to my workflow quickly. Thank you again!