Author Topic: Map Browser not Displaying Map  (Read 828 times)

Offline John-c

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Map Browser not Displaying Map
« on: February 26, 2023, 10:54:56 PM »
Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6738 (5753775), Mac OS Monterey Version 12.6.3. When I select an image with GPS coordinates the map browser launches but no map is displayed. Selecting the show on map button doesn't display a map location.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Map Browser not Displaying Map
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 10:18:19 AM »
We're looking into the issue but we are not sure what is causing it at the moment. So far all reports of this issue have been on versions of MacOS prior to Ventura, and on my own test device, which I currently dual boot between Monterey and Ventura, I only experience the issue on Monterey (the function works as expected on Ventura).

We don't necessarily endorse updating to Ventura, although most of the issues that affected Photo Mechanic have been ironed out with OS updates or the latest build, but if you are able to dual boot it would certainly be interesting to know if your experience is the same as mine.

Offline John-c

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 01:23:59 PM »
My MacBook Air M1 running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 and Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6738 (5753775) does not show the problem. My iMac exhibiting the problem is a late 2015 5K intel iMac and the version of Monterey exhibiting the problem is the latest update supported by this hardware. The feature was working under the previous build of Photo Mechanic Plus.

Offline PabloGG

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »
We are running final tests on a fix for this issue. Assuming all tests pass, hope to get the fix out by end of day.
As it stands now, changes will be limited to the server thereby not requiring new version of Photo Mechanic.
We will post once changes are released.

Offline John-c

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 02:41:40 PM »
Good news I hope the patch is successful.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 03:28:58 PM »
Windows that display google maps should now be functional again after an update to our server. No action (such as updating) should be necessary on the user end. Please let us know if you continue to experience an issue.