Author Topic: Filter record counts disagree  (Read 666 times)

Offline paul@slater.net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Filter record counts disagree
« on: March 16, 2023, 06:27:25 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to filter on the Lens type used. The filter shows a given number but the number in the contact sheet is different. In the attached image I've clicked on the fisheye lens showing 453 results. The contact sheet though, as seen in the bottom left, dsiplays 392. I can't figure out why there's 61 images missing. Is it because these 61 aren't in the catalogue? I've also got quite a lot of missing files when I re-integate the catalogues. Could it be these?

Please can someone help me understand what's going on here.

Thanks, Paul

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Filter record counts disagree
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 06:48:22 PM »
Paul,

I'm trying to filter on the Lens type used. The filter shows a given number but the number in the contact sheet is different. In the attached image I've clicked on the fisheye lens showing 453 results. The contact sheet though, as seen in the bottom left, dsiplays 392. I can't figure out why there's 61 images missing. Is it because these 61 aren't in the catalogue? I've also got quite a lot of missing files when I re-integate the catalogues. Could it be these?

Please can someone help me understand what's going on here.

Are the images a mix of RAW and JPEG images?  If so and if you have the Contact Sheet set to combine RAW and JPEG images, the count will reflect the total paired items, not the individual items had they not been combined.  The Filter/Browse totals show the overall count of images and does not consider how you're going to view them.  Try not joining the images (toggle View->Combined Images) and see if the counts match.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline paul@slater.net

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Filter record counts disagree
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 07:54:45 PM »
Brilliant Kirk, got it in one!

Another lesson learnt.

Many thanks, Paul