Author Topic: Color class and Adobe products  (Read 663 times)

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Color class and Adobe products
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:34:52 AM »
Hello,

I'm an ACR and Lightroom user and I noticed that to synchronise the color class between Photo Mechanic and these Adobe apps I've to set [Adobe Bridge] or [Adobe Lightroom] in the 'General' preferences. There's a way to set a preference for the these two Adobe products without having to switch every time through this option? Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Color class and Adobe products
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 05:12:04 AM »
Eliano,

I'm an ACR and Lightroom user and I noticed that to synchronise the color class between Photo Mechanic and these Adobe apps I've to set [Adobe Bridge] or [Adobe Lightroom] in the 'General' preferences. There's a way to set a preference for the these two Adobe products without having to switch every time through this option? Thank you!

Those settings are there for convenience.  If you need to keep switching the setting in PM, then the settings in your other two apps are not the same.  Make sure that Lightroom and ACR are using the same color label names and colors, and then make the same set of color label names and colors in PM and they should all work nicely together.  All three applications need to be using the same color label names and colors.

-Kirk

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
Re: Color class and Adobe products
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 05:26:34 AM »
Eliano,

Those settings are there for convenience.  If you need to keep switching the setting in PM, then the settings in your other two apps are not the same.  Make sure that Lightroom and ACR are using the same color label names and colors, and then make the same set of color label names and colors in PM and they should all work nicely together.  All three applications need to be using the same color label names and colors.

-Kirk

Thank you Kirk, I changed the label names in Bridge settings and now they are working good using ACR.