Author Topic: Favourites disappeared after PM update  (Read 600 times)

Offline roble2020

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Favourites disappeared after PM update
« on: March 29, 2023, 12:59:50 AM »
Hi

Just opened PM Plus this morning to find all my Favourites have disappeared. I see a previous ticket from 2021 that reported the same issue and the workaround then was to export Favourites. If this was made more evident I would have done so but now it looks too late. I've attached the support data. Please can you advise if there is any way to recover my favourites, e.g,. from TimeMachine and whether there is a fix planned for this issue.

Thanks and regards,

Robert

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Favourites disappeared after PM update
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 08:57:33 AM »
Hi Robert,

If you go to Photo Mechanic's Preferences ( or Settings if you are running Ventura ) from the Photo Mechanic menu, there will be an Export button at the bottom of the page. If you Exported the preferences before this problem occurred, then you could Import the PM_Export.PMX file you created earlier to restore the previous settings.  If you restore Photo Mechanic's preference folder from a Time Machine backup, before this problem, then your Favorites panel entries should be restored. The preference folder is called com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic and will be in your user account's Library -> Preferences folder.

regards,

--Bob

Offline roble2020

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Favourites disappeared after PM update
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 10:24:54 AM »
Thanks Bob, duly noted. I'll follow up as suggested.

Kind regards, Robert