Author Topic: Setting finder properties?  (Read 700 times)

Offline Woodsman Rick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Setting finder properties?
« on: April 20, 2023, 06:50:10 PM »
Is it possible to set finder properties like lock or unlock all images in a folder in photo mechanic plus 6?

Even though I am new to Photo Mechanic, I can get selecting the images and using the metadata templates, but can't seem to find any finder properties options.

Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99)
Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Setting finder properties?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 07:00:28 PM »
Is it possible to set finder properties like lock or unlock all images in a folder in photo mechanic plus 6?

Even though I am new to Photo Mechanic, I can get selecting the images and using the metadata templates, but can't seem to find any finder properties options.

No, there's no options/commands for setting the lock on files from within Photo Mechanic Plus (or the base Photo Mechanic application.)

-Kirk

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Setting finder properties?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 01:58:30 PM »

It might help to have some additional context about your use case. I've helped quite a few new Photo Mechanic users and generally the reason folks have a significant number of locked files is because they are using their camera's "protected" feature. This is one of the reasons to use Ingest: When Photo Mechanic Ingests a memory card and copies over those locked files, the files in the destination will be unlocked and marked with a Photo Mechanic Tag. If you otherwise have a number of files in a folder to unlock, I just discovered that you can select multiple files in a Finder window and hold option with the right-click menu open to change "Get info" to "Open Inspector", at which point you can click the "locked" checkbox to set all items to the same locked state.