Author Topic: Automatic crop during ingest  (Read 626 times)

Offline ulrik

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Automatic crop during ingest
« on: May 14, 2023, 04:44:57 AM »
Hi,

As a sports photographer, I have to upload as quickly as possible so I'm looking at each part of the workflow to improve it.

I'm using "paste crop" and then I was thinking if that would be possible to add it when ingesting photos. I would save a bit and it is all ready copied.

Thanks.

Ulrik

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic crop during ingest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 11:39:05 AM »
We are curious what the benefits to this would be. I can see how two similar images might benefit from the same crop, but it seems like you'd have to adjust this automatic crop after it gets added anyway, so at that point wouldn't it be simplest to draw the crop with one click and drag instead of adjusting a crop that doesn't work for the image? Not to say that this couldn't be added, just trying to understand the benefits.

Offline ulrik

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic crop during ingest
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 03:03:16 AM »
Hi.

Thanks for replying.

Its basically to be able to save a second or two per photo (which can be quite a lot for the 15 minutes we have during a football game)  Most of the photos I have to upload is landscape, around the same ratio, and they have to be cropped just a little bit so some of the crops (with the above) doesnt have to be changed and some a minor change.

So as I wrote, Im somehow nitpicking now and trying to get seconds or less in improvements. Due to your amazing software Im all ready extremely quick. I could happily live with the current photo mechanic for many many years so, as I wrote regarding somebody else posting about PM7 (I added below), its largely about the extent of what is the objective with PM, some objectives I personally have and nitpicking, trying to save a second or less during different tasks.

Thanks.

1. Basic photo editing just to fix a small problem with exposure for example.
2. A double window option so I can add captions and crop a photo in the same window.
3. More shorts cuts and a possibility to assign them myself.
4. If the weather is bad a trackpad can be a nightmare so assigning trackpad gestures to keyboard keys would be nice.
5. Now you can save snapshots but it takes time to get them again. Assign shortcuts or have a board visible so they can be chosen.
6. You can assign a trigger for jumping to next photo (star or tag). Would be nice if that could also happen with ftp.
7. Inbuilt automation instead of having to use other apps which doesn't work that well I think. We could have recipes like in photoshop.
8. Ability to write down speech. So I say a10 to the microphone on the camera and it writes it down and uses it as code replacement. With the above recipes I can then just send photos from camera and the only thing I have to do is accept or edit "a10" and it will be send with all captions.
9. We can paste a crop. I would like to add that when ingesting so I just have to correct the crop.
10 Faster is always great.
11. Faster FTP. Not as fast as separate ftp uploaders.
12. Maybe a range for uploaded jpegs instead of "limit file size to" But that might prolong the process.
13. Adding "metadata (iptc) template" (and choose a specific one)  under "save a copy of transmitted photos" so we could have two sets with different captions.
14. Ability to have stars trigger a process. So I could make a photo one star in my camera and i just have to ingest and certain actions will start