Author Topic: Isolating 'edited' photos  (Read 689 times)

Offline dstembridge

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Isolating 'edited' photos
« on: May 15, 2023, 12:37:09 AM »
One of my earlier libraries somehow got tagged with the same color rating a 1 star. I actually only want the photos that have been edited such as in attached photo. Is there a way to do this, similar to photos of the same color rating?

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Isolating 'edited' photos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 04:13:05 AM »
Where was it edited? Or it just has the adjustments in LR?

In my case, when I send multiple images to droplet for retouching and PS decides to crash midway I used to add custom filters to sort by firmware and time.
Raw image usually has camera's firmware version in its {firmware} variable, once it is developed it will have Lightroom or Capture One in it, and then, after it was edited in PS, firmware would be - Photoshop.

Im not sure if raw development changes this variable.

However I notice that one of the images has crop applies, so you might sort by {hascrop} variable

Offline dstembridge

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 04:19:18 AM »
Ahh, cropped photos, yes, that was what I was trying to isolate! Somehow, several seasons got tagged with 1 star and red color... I realized the keepers had been cropped.

Where do I use that {hascrop} varible?

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »
You can select all images in a contact sheet that have a crop applied by navigating to Edit-->Select Cropped.

Once the cropped images are selected, you can filter the contact sheet to only show selected items by setting the dropdown that defaults to "All" to "Selected" at the top of the contact sheet, or by using the F2 function key. (F1 will show all images).

As Max mentioned, you can also do a custom sort for the {hascrop} variable by selecting "Edit Custom..." in the sorting method dropdown at the top of the contact sheet.

The {hascrop} variable can be used in a variety of places: thumbnail labels in Preferences-->Contact Sheet, Edit-->Settings-->Set Info Text..., Custom Sort, etc.