Author Topic: PM - Capture One Sessions - Combining RAW+JPEG in different folders.  (Read 539 times)

Offline kennethelarsen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I just noticed that PM can combine images across the Capture and Output folders.  It is awesome if it is a feature and not a bug.

In my workflow I ingest RAW+JPEG's into the Capture folder of a session, use PM for cull, keyword, etc.  I keep the JPEGs for apps
that don't like the RAWs. After editing a RAW (in C1, Photoshop) I write over the 'original' JPEG, in the Capture folder.

Before I go revise my workflow my question is if it is a supported feature, in PM and PM+. 

If it is a feature then after ingest etc I will move the JPEG's (edit and camera) to the Output folder.

Capture One sessions
./Capture folder  << import folder
./Selects folder << I use PM color/star rating instead.
./Output folder << export folder.
./Trash folder

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I just noticed that PM can combine images across the Capture and Output folders.  It is awesome if it is a feature and not a bug.

In my workflow I ingest RAW+JPEG's into the Capture folder of a session, use PM for cull, keyword, etc.  I keep the JPEGs for apps
that don't like the RAWs. After editing a RAW (in C1, Photoshop) I write over the 'original' JPEG, in the Capture folder.

Before I go revise my workflow my question is if it is a supported feature, in PM and PM+. 

If it is a feature then after ingest etc I will move the JPEG's (edit and camera) to the Output folder.

As long as you have both folders opened in a single contact sheet and the base name of the RAW and the JPEG match, they can be paired as RAW+JPEG.  This is a feature and not a bug.

-Kirk

Offline kennethelarsen

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk, this is amazingly useful. Thank you and the team for an awesome product.