Author Topic: Email doubles images  (Read 3015 times)

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Email doubles images
« on: May 20, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
I have started to use PM to select images for emailing which are ultimately sent thru the Mail program on a Mac. Since using PM as opposed to iPhoto to do the selecting, the following occurs: the recepient receives two copies of each image. One image will be blank and will have the image's name and will show a file size of 0.5Kb. The other image will be full sized. Any ideas as to how to correct this? Thanks, Richard

Offline rbsandor

• View Profile
Re: Email doubles images
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
Here's some additional info. I had my email forwarded to me. I could not open an image by clicking on the jpg icon. I could however, get them to play as a slideshow. Emails images are sent as large jpegs. Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email doubles images
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:05:47 AM »
Richard,

I have started to use PM to select images for emailing which are ultimately sent thru the Mail program on a Mac. Since using PM as opposed to iPhoto to do the selecting, the following occurs: the recepient receives two copies of each image. One image will be blank and will have the image's name and will show a file size of 0.5Kb. The other image will be full sized. Any ideas as to how to correct this?

It is likely that your recipient is on a Windows PC and those 0.5KB files are the resource forks of your images.

Make sure you have the "Add IPTC-NAA Resource when embedding IPTC" checkbox turned off in the "When writing IPTC/XMP:" section of the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog.

Apple's Mail program is encoding the resource forks of the files and adding them as attachments.

-Kirk