Author Topic: Untaging images  (Read 565 times)

Offline Brian08

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Untaging images
« on: September 16, 2023, 10:05:04 AM »
Hello
I got Photo M Plus on a Windows 10 PC. I having trouble unselecting images! so if I Colour an image with A Red tag try to remove it then open Capture One version 23 Pro nothing has changed.  Then I shut down PM and reopened it the un-tagged ones been re-tagged again?

Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this, please?

Thanks
Brian

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
Re: Untaging images
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 12:40:01 AM »
...the un-tagged ones been re-tagged again?

Sounds like you opted to enable Capture One's "auto sync" feature (in preferences). Turn it off. Use Sync Metadata (metadata tool) to manually export metadata from C1 to the outside world, to PM for example. Use Load Metadata to read metadata from the outside world into C1. When you feel you understand how "auto sync" works, you may re-enable it and set its working mode to one that matches your way of working with metadata. You may have to experiment.   
--
Odd S.

Offline Brian08

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 12:49:43 PM »
Hi  Odd Skjaeveland
Thanks for your help with this.

I had a look for "Sounds like you opted to enable Capture One's "auto sync" feature (in preferences)."  I am not sure if I looking in the right place in Capture One (23) Please Attach a screenshot of Capture One that I have taken of auto I hope?

Regards
Brian

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2023, 07:50:31 AM »
I am not sure if I looking in the right place in Capture One...

Auto None is fine. The preference settings may or may not be what you want, you need to experiment with those and also manually trigger Sync/Load metadata in the metadata tool. and look for changes in PM+ and in C1. It is important tpo make sure that one application writes metadata where the other application will look for it. Some metadata may exist multiple places, your preferences tells Capture One where to look. I don't remember what Capture One does if the preferred location is empty. Capture One keeps its own set of metadata in the database. Auto set to None, means you need to manually trigger a write ("sync" in Capture One lingo) from database to sidecar. Use Sync Metadata in the metadata tool.

You should also know that exchanging color labels depends on common color coding in both application. Experiment with some other metadata field first, star rating for example. When that works, you can investigate color labels.

--
Odd S.