Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

PM6 & MacOS Sonoma

(1/4) > >>

ahmedphotos:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and whether PM6 is running fine. Trying to hold out for as long as possible before upgrading!

Thanks.

ahoward:

--- Quote from: ahmedphotos on September 26, 2023, 02:51:08 PM ---Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and whether PM6 is running fine. Trying to hold out for as long as possible before upgrading!

Thanks.

--- End quote ---
So far the only known issue with Sonoma was only with Photo Mechanic Plus and was resolved with the update we released last week. If you encounter any issues after updating to Sonoma, please let us know.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: ahmedphotos on September 26, 2023, 02:51:08 PM ---Just wanted to know if anyone has upgraded to the latest Mac OS Sonoma and whether PM6 is running fine. Trying to hold out for as long as possible before upgrading!

--- End quote ---

I suggest waiting to upgrade to macOS Sonoma until Apple releases a few updates at the very least.  There can be all sorts of other issues unrelated to PM that may cause you pain.

-Kirk

ahmedphotos:
Thanks Kirk, was going to hold out until a couple of updates just to be safe. Appreciate the message.

msturk:
I wish I hadn't uploaded Sonoma, rather waited several months before doing it. It has caused me lots of problems, first with Pages and now some odd things are happening with Photo Mechanic. At a job, I ingested images (locked only), captioned them and FTP'd them away in the first half of a game. In the second half for reasons that I cannot explain, the ingested images took on the last caption that I wrote in the first half. The other odd thing is in the Ingest IPTC. "City" is checked but it does not appear in the IPTC of Ingested photos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version