Author Topic: Photo Mechanic compatibility with Lexar Professional CFexpress card reader  (Read 681 times)

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello

I tried to use my new Lexar ProfessionalCF Express Card Readee Type B today however it will not transfer and open the photo images in Phot Mechanic.
I have tried it both on 2.0 and 3.0 USB hubs without success.
I am running Version 6.0 Build 6880 (6fb7605)
My Sony XQD card reader works perfectly well with Photo Mechanic.
Any advice appreciated please.
I did download a driver for Lexar on a generic website to no avail and a lots of adverts harrassing me so I deleted the driver.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic doesn't know anything about the brand of card reader that you happen to be using. We will need to know more about the issue.

Does the

When the card is in the reader and the reader is connected to the computer, does the computer (outside of Photo Mechanic) recognize that there is a new drive connected? If it does, does the drive not appear as a source for Ingest? Or if it does do you attempt to Ingest and the ingest reports some kind of failure?

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thanks for response. Ok this is what happens...

I connect the cardreader with card to the USB drive to open up in Windows Explorer. I get the message "There is a problem with the Drive scan and repair" which I do and them the cardreader will work and open up in Explorer.
If I do the same procedure with Photo Mechanic set as open in autoplay, it opens with the Ingest screen ready to go, however when I click ingest, either none or the first two photo files will load after a considerable time and then the process stalls.
I also have a Sony XQD card reader that has no such problems. It recognises and downloads files quite quickly, despite having 2.0 USB drive and also 3.0 USB drive.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Thanks for response. Ok this is what happens...

I connect the cardreader with card to the USB drive to open up in Windows Explorer. I get the message "There is a problem with the Drive scan and repair" which I do and them the cardreader will work and open up in Explorer.
If I do the same procedure with Photo Mechanic set as open in autoplay, it opens with the Ingest screen ready to go, however when I click ingest, either none or the first two photo files will load after a considerable time and then the process stalls.
I also have a Sony XQD card reader that has no such problems. It recognises and downloads files quite quickly, despite having 2.0 USB drive and also 3.0 USB drive.
If Windows is telling you that there is a problem with the drive when you connect it, I would probably recommend trying different cables, and if the issue persists, contact the card manufacturer to find out if they have any suggestions about why you are getting that error when connecting the card. I would guess that solving that issue will also solve the issues you are seeing when you try to use it with Photo Mechanic.