Author Topic: Photomechanic Subscription Model  (Read 733 times)

Offline Craig_S44

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photomechanic Subscription Model
« on: November 13, 2023, 05:53:28 PM »
Hi Folks,

I see you are moving to a subscription model.

I would really like you to publish a development road map of what wonderful new things will be coming as a result of this.

At the moment, you have a great product that a large number of your customers only use  to tag, delete, rename and in the press core - send off to editors.

For this to be a viable prospect, I am going to want to see

1.) Face Detection / ability to embed metadata to found images.
2.) QR code reading / ITPC Embedding.
3.) Blink detection, auto tagging
4.) Additional ways to label images - does not have to be integrated with Lightroom, I just often need more than 6 options to star images (including 0), being able to label by the alphabet would be great so that I can sort large jobs with 7 or 8 photographers for renumbering
5.) embracing AI in ways that I can not even think of atm.

Do the first 3 and you open a whole new market in the Team and Volume / Schools space

Nice that you are having a 40% off sale, but with support ending in 6 1/2 months, that's really closer to a pro-rata full price sale.

Craig

Offline Maxime

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Photomechanic Subscription Model
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 02:43:54 AM »
a bib number detection would great, and not too complicated, maybe using some cloud services from googleAI or AWS...and that would certainly justify a monthly subscription

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 11:45:26 PM »
anyone knows when this will happen ?Camera Bits will soon be transitioning away from selling Photo Mechanic as a perpetual license and moving to a subscription model

Offline Jeff Vogan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 09:01:46 PM »
Their plans appear to be to offer both the perpetual license and subscription model.  To get the latest and greatest new features, you'll likely to need the subscription model.

Offline Jeff Vogan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 09:06:13 PM »
Craig, there is already capabilities that are extremely powerful for team and volume photographers.  You are asking for a QR code, which I assume you want to them write info into a specific field.  For years I have been using a way that I find faster and more efficient than QR codes.  I use Hot Codes.  I photograph each athlete in an operate folder and use the Hot Code to create a folder named after them and rename the images after them.  I can also add their team, age, gender, age, Coach's name, etc.  Tons of information can be added easily and there is no need to create all of the QR codes.  I made a Youtube video a few weeks ago for Camera Bits, Photo Mechanic 201, on my youtube channel @jeffvoganphotography