Author Topic: GPS Import not working  (Read 268 times)

Offline mklass

• View Profile
    • Mick Klass Photography
GPS Import not working
« on: November 26, 2023, 11:02:02 PM »
I am using PM6+ build 6890 on a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.1.

It has been a while since I imported a GPS track created with MyTRacks and exported as a GPX file, but PM seems to no longer work importing teh track data an applying to photos.

First, PM tells me I need to import the free app GPSBabel to import a track. When doing that the GPS Babel site tries to charge $2.99 to activate an account. So is it free or not?

I figure out how to download GPSBabel and install it, but of course the Mac doesn't like it because it is not from a recognized developer. I bypass the security wall and get it to open.

I then restart PM6+ and it no longer asked me to intsatll GPSBabel (yeah!) and lets me select the GPX file I exported from MyTracks, but when I attempt to plot the date to my highlighted photos, PM just gives me an error message that there is an error processing the selected GPX file.

Why is this so **** complicated and how do I get it to work? It seems to me this wN NOT SO HARD BEFORE.

This is very disappointing from Camera Bits. This needs to be integrated into PM without all the external app nonsense.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: GPS Import not working
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 01:45:55 PM »
First, PM tells me I need to import the free app GPSBabel to import a track. When doing that the GPS Babel site tries to charge $2.99 to activate an account. So is it free or not?
I'm not seeing anywhere on gpsbabel.org that requires a payment, only places to donate via PayPal so they can keep their software free.

I then restart PM6+ and it no longer asked me to intsatll GPSBabel (yeah!) and lets me select the GPX file I exported from MyTracks, but when I attempt to plot the date to my highlighted photos, PM just gives me an error message that there is an error processing the selected GPX file.

Do the capture times of the images match up with the times in the GPX file? Would you like to send us some of the sample images and the GPX file, as well as a screenshot of your "Import GPS Coordinates" window so we can try to troubleshoot the issue for you? It's difficult to tell you how to fix the problem when I don't have the data that you are working with or know what settings you might be using that might prevent this from working.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GPS Import not working
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 02:11:38 PM »
Mick,

Can you share your GPX file so I can investigate?

Thanks,

-Kirk