Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Variable data

(1/2) > >>

louismccullagh:
Hi
Is there an option or a way to see all the ACTUAL variables of an image.

Thank you.

Bob Russell:
To see the results from Photo Mechanic's variables, you can add these variables to the Set Info Text dialog, from the Settings option in the Edit menu.
Click the Variables button to open the list of Variables. The Camera section at the top of the Variables list will have Exif variables.  Just double click a variable in the list to paste it in at the current cursor position in the dialog.
This variable info will be displayed in the Preview window's Info panel. Use the Show Info Tool Tips option from the View menu, to see the same variable info on the contact sheet.

Best regards,

--Bob

louismccullagh:
Thank you.

Honestly I find the HUGE range of variables overwhelming as I do not know what all of them are. Is there any way I can look at what they actually are for that file.

I do use the 4 options to see metadata in the contact sheet.

Best wishes

Kirk Baker:
Louis,

--- Quote from: louismccullagh on January 13, 2024, 08:33:27 AM ---Honestly I find the HUGE range of variables overwhelming as I do not know what all of them are. Is there any way I can look at what they actually are for that file.

--- End quote ---

Bob's instructions should set you on the right track to being able to see the evaluation of any variables you like for a particular photo.

Here is the documentation for the variables in Photo Mechanic:

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000358438

-Kirk

louismccullagh:
Hi kirk.

Many thanks that is a great help.
Nice to see you are still here!

Is there any way I can see all those variables for a file on one screen? Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version