Author Topic: Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers  (Read 3901 times)

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers
« on: May 08, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I posted this in the support forum so I would like to repost it here as a suggested future feature (Iview currently works nicely this way):

I use a portable drive that contains the images I'm working on and share this drive between 2 different computers (XP based). PM is intalled on both machines. I would like to have all of my PM setting (keyword library, remaning strings, IPTC Stationary Pads, and other setting I'm not thinking about yet) stored in one directory on the portable drive and have PM look at this directory by default for all of it's settings. How can I do that?

Thanks.
David

Offline damon.moritz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Maintaining PM files and setting on 2 computers
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 03:13:58 PM »
I'd like to have this too. We have 10 licenses and when we upgrade computers or change a setting we sometimes have trouble propagating the new settings through out the office. If we could load a preferences file from one computer to the next (like an .ipt file) it would certainly help. This would need to be cross platform capable as we use both PCs and Macs.