Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Actual slide frame and background differentiation

(1/2) > >>

tobin73:
Why don't the slide frames differ in color from the actual background (light-table)? Instead we just have a black outline of the slide frame. Even on an actual light table the slide frames are opaque with bright light coming in between other slides. I just feel the GUI should feel more like an actual light table.

dbrouse:
you can customize all the colors yourself...

Preferences--->Contact Sheet--->Colors

Delane

jimb:
But I don't believe you can do what the OP is asking for. The color of an unselected image frame and the background color is always the same. It's as if the slide frame is transparent. If there's a way I would like to know what it is, because I would also like to be able to set a different background color.

Kirk Baker:
Jim,

--- Quote from: jimb on May 22, 2007, 04:37:59 PM ---But I don't believe you can do what the OP is asking for. The color of an unselected image frame and the background color is always the same. It's as if the slide frame is transparent. If there's a way I would like to know what it is, because I would also like to be able to set a different background color.
--- End quote ---

You're correct.  There is no non-selected background cell color.  The background of the contact sheet shows through.  Easy enough for me to add a cell background color that is different from the contact sheet background color.

-Kirk

jimb:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on May 22, 2007, 05:08:16 PM ---Jim,

--- Quote from: jimb on May 22, 2007, 04:37:59 PM ---But I don't believe you can do what the OP is asking for. The color of an unselected image frame and the background color is always the same. It's as if the slide frame is transparent. If there's a way I would like to know what it is, because I would also like to be able to set a different background color.
--- End quote ---

You're correct.  There is no non-selected background cell color.  The background of the contact sheet shows through.  Easy enough for me to add a cell background color that is different from the contact sheet background color.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---
Kirk,
Adding a color choice for the contact sheet background (i.e., the "light table") would address this, and wouldn't require a change to the existing color selections that refer to the image frame. Personally I feel this would be a useful addition. Thanks.

BTW, what's a "Selected set:"? I've messed a little with color changes for this and didn't see where it shows up. Couldn't find it in the 4.4 manual, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version