Author Topic: PM6 - Zenfolio File Uploader no longer working.  (Read 832 times)

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 - Zenfolio File Uploader no longer working.
« on: February 02, 2024, 02:08:05 PM »
Apple iMac M3 / 4.1.1 (23B2082) / Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6890 (ffcbb4c) and previous version...

Sometime over the last week or so the Zenfolio Uploader in PM6 has stopped working - Using Control/Option-U the uploader opens up and down below it says "Fetching items from server. Please wait..."

Previously it might take 5-10 seconds before connecting, but now it just keeps waiting...and waiting...

I don't know if it's something Zenfolio has done at their end as it's been working just fine previously.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: PM6 - Zenfolio File Uploader no longer working.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 02:42:22 PM »
Previously it might take 5-10 seconds before connecting, but now it just keeps waiting...and waiting...

Does it continually tell you that it is 'Fetching Items from Server" or does it eventually give you an error? With our test account it would load our 18 top level groups/galleries in about a minute or two. It's been a while since I took note of how long it takes to load the Zenfolio uploader, but I do remember it loading the galleries much quicker than that. We haven't heard of any other issues like this yet, and there hasn't been any changes made to the Zenfolio uploader for some time. Have you reached out to Zenfolio to see if they are aware of any issues with their server delivering results slowly?

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 11:37:34 AM »

Have you reached out to Zenfolio to see if they are aware of any issues with their server delivering results slowly?

Haven't tried that yet but I'll look into it today

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 11:55:12 AM »
Found this on the Zenfolio site...

Partial Outage   Zenfolio Classic - Upload
Update
As we are working to resolve, we identified an issue where some users may experience upload failures/duplicate errors. Thank you for your patience while we work on a fix.
Posted 3 hours ago. Feb 04, 2024 - 09:13 PST

They seem to be on to it now, though this did start a few days ago - Time will tell

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 12:43:42 PM »
As of today 2/7/24 I still can't connect to the Zenfolio Upload server when I use the "Control/Option-U"

I queried Zenfolio and have yet to receive a response.

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 01:55:47 PM »
Well now I'm in No Man's Land...

Zenfolio says check with Camerbits, Camerbits says check with Zenfolio

Zenfolio:
   Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry for the delay - we're seeing a high volume of support requests and are doing our best to catch up.
   The Photomechanic tool is built and maintained by a third part so unfortunately you will need to reach out to them for further support.
   To make things easy here's a direct link to their support portal: https://camerabits.freshdesk.com/support/home

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out - we're always happy to help! :)
   Best,
   John | Customer Support

Camerabits:
We haven't heard of any other issues like this yet, and there hasn't been any changes made to the Zenfolio uploader for some time. Have you reached out to Zenfolio to see if they are aware of any issues with their server delivering results slowly?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2024, 07:44:52 AM »
I’m not sure why they would say that, the problem seems to be the response time of deliver data from their server to your computer, something we have zero control over. We’ve made no changes to the Zenfolio uploader since well before this problem began happening for you, which suggests to me that the problem is happening on the server end.

I’ll have to reach out to our contact at Zenfolio on Monday.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 04:43:43 PM »
Just to update, I reached out to Zenfolio on Monday and have yet to receive a reply. Will update this thread if/when they get back to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:00:07 PM by ahoward »

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2024, 11:58:51 AM »
I heard back from Phil at Zenfolio and he said he's going to ask someone to look at it this week.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 04:06:58 PM »
Just spoke with Phil at Zenfolio again. Their folks are working on it!

Offline calfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 11:09:59 AM »
Very Much Appreciated ahoward !!!

Pass along thatks to "Phil" when applicable  ::)

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 11:07:06 AM »
Very Much Appreciated ahoward !!!

Pass along thatks to "Phil" when applicable  ::)

Potential good news: Zenfolio let me know that they reverted the change which they believe to have caused the issue. Loading the galleries of our test account is now significantly faster. Can you try the Zenfolio uploader in Photo Mechanic and let me know if it no longer times out for you?