Author Topic: Save tags/color class feature  (Read 4130 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
Save tags/color class feature
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Hello Kirk,

I often wish about a feature I used a lot when working with BreezeBrowser in my PC days :  a "save tags" feature.

The principle is quite simple, eg.: I could review images with a client and tag the best ones on my laptop, then make a "save tags". Once at home I would download (ingest) the cards to an external driveon my desktop,  then I could apply the "save tag file" from the laptop folder to the external drive folder, voilĂ , all tagged images from the laptop are now tagged on the desktop computer.

Another use is if I have a big folder to edit, I make sure the images are on both compters, I can start at home on the desktop computer, make a "save tags" before leaving for the road, at night in my hotel room, apply the "save tags" file to the folder, then continue my edit to the end. From what I can remember, the file was a simple .txt file generated by the "save tags" feature.

I imagine a "save tags/color class" feature, that would be a great addition.

Thanks

Hugo

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Save tags/color class feature
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 02:43:45 AM »
I imagine a "save tags/color class" feature, that would be a great addition.

It would be useful in deed. I too work on different machines and it would help a lot to transfer my editings without having to time consumingly allways move/copy the original files themselves from one machine to the other. Could be also done for IPTC but there XMP shall work fine (I don't yet use them)...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Save tags/color class feature
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »
It would also be nice to have an option to update color and star ratings as well as IPTC fields...
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com