Author Topic: folder visibility  (Read 151 times)

Offline stevemoorevale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
folder visibility
« on: February 11, 2024, 04:53:23 AM »
Hi.
I doubt this is possible through settings but i thought i'd ask to be sure.
When i am using the Navigator or Favorite tabs and open a folder, that folder is highlighted in blue in the folder tree. As soon as i click on a photo thumbnail on the contact sheet, the blue highlight on the folder disappears.
The reason i find this an issue is because after i edit my photos, i save the edited file as a tiff file and then drag the raw files from the contact sheet into a subfolder named RAWS. My problem is that because the blue highlight has gone i now have to look for the folder in the list which is quite hard with the small text and i have a lot of folders in there at the moment. Is there a way to fix this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: folder visibility
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 05:31:10 PM »
Hi.
I doubt this is possible through settings but i thought i'd ask to be sure.
When i am using the Navigator or Favorite tabs and open a folder, that folder is highlighted in blue in the folder tree. As soon as i click on a photo thumbnail on the contact sheet, the blue highlight on the folder disappears.
The reason i find this an issue is because after i edit my photos, i save the edited file as a tiff file and then drag the raw files from the contact sheet into a subfolder named RAWS. My problem is that because the blue highlight has gone i now have to look for the folder in the list which is quite hard with the small text and i have a lot of folders in there at the moment. Is there a way to fix this?

Right-click on the contact sheet tab.  There should be an option to reveal the folder in the Navigator.  The highlighting you've described is lost when the Navigator tree loses mouse and keyboard focus.

I think you'd be much better off by selecting your RAW photos and using the Copy/Move Photos command (with the Move option checked).  Click the "Create subfolder:" radio button and enter RAWS in the text field.  This will create the RAWS folder for you if it doesn't exist and move the selected photos there.  You won't need to know anything about what is selected in the Navigator or Favorites.

HTH,

-Kirk