Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Slideshow will not run

(1/2) > >>

davidrichard:
Running Mac Catalina 10.15.7 with Photomechanic 6 6890. I actually have updated to the latest version of PM as well and the same results.
I often run PM Slideshows of my work but today the images don't appear when I start the slideshow. Only the background color appears. I have not changed any settings. Any ideas?
Thanks,
David

ahoward:
The only fix we know of for this issue is to reset Photo Mechanic's Preferences.

Preferences are stored at the following location:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

Quit Photo Mechanic and then rename this folder by appending something to the end of it. For example, change it to: com.camerabits.PhotoMechanicOLD

Launch Photo Mechanic and test the slideshow.

If it works, the downside is that you now have a fresh set of preferences and it is as if it is the first time you launched Photo Mechanic. If you have important things stored in preferences, they are stored in com.camerabits.PhotoMechanicOLD (or whatever you renamed it to) and I can work with you on how we can retain that important stuff while still fixing the slideshow.

davidrichard:
Thank you for that info. I followed the directions and the Slideshow option now works.
So what is the next step to regain my saved preferences - which are many ... lol.
David

ahoward:

--- Quote from: davidrichard on February 26, 2024, 09:34:34 PM ---Thank you for that info. I followed the directions and the Slideshow option now works.
So what is the next step to regain my saved preferences - which are many ... lol.
David

--- End quote ---

It's a bit of a manual process. I'll be able to help you quicker with a phone call. Can you call our support line at +1-503-547-2888.

If you need to restore those preferences until you can call (and can live without the slideshow until we can assist), you can get rid of the new default folder it created and then undo the rename that I had you to have it start up with fresh preferences.

Ben McCanna:
I'm having the same issue that David had -- slideshow is running the background color and necessitates a force quit; however, I'm not able to find this:

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic

Where is that on a Mac?

Also, what sorts of things will I lose if I reset my preferences to default? Will I lose the IPTC data I have stored?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version