Author Topic: Slow Download of Camerabits Installer  (Read 549 times)

Offline Jan

• View Profile
Slow Download of Camerabits Installer
« on: February 26, 2024, 10:14:56 PM »
Hello,
maybe I'm the only one with a slow download. But at the Moment I will download the 300MB File only around at 40KB/s.
I'm on Windows 11 from Germany with a 100 MBit Connection from the Germany Telekom / T-Mobile.

Thx
Jan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:48:43 AM by Jan »

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Slow Download of Camerabits Installer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 01:35:57 AM »
I also noticed that.
On my Mac the download is super fast, but on my Surface Pro (win 11) on the same table it seems to download forever.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:45:15 PM »
Tested on my home internet connection with no special connection to the server that hosts the file and it downloaded at the same speed as the Mac installer. Not sure why you all would be experiencing that but given that we haven't seen any other reports of this outside of this thread in the past few days, and have released 2 builds in the last week, the issue may be somewhat localized.

Were you both able to download and install build 7102?

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 03:06:18 PM »
Well, download speed was like that for quite awhile now for me. My Mac is super fast, while Surface Pro takes awhile.

7102 is all fine (on Mac, at least)

Offline ppppp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 10:15:34 AM »
Same here, win 11, germany 100MBit, 40KB download at max
(same speed for dmg or exe). Was never very fast from camerabits but this time extraordinarily slow - my 56k modem was faster

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 04:16:45 PM »
Not sure about Max, but it seems like all the rest of the folks experiencing this issue are in Germany (I have one other who emailed about this issue)? There are a lot of systems between our server and your computer when downloading a file, and most of them are out of our control. Are you all using Germany Telekom / T-Mobile like Jan is? Or a different ISP?

Offline jwvaughn

• Retired programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 04:52:12 PM »
I'm going to hazard a guess here...with five under sea cable having been cut I suspect that the bandwidth on the remaining cables is not capable of handling all the traffic at normal speeds. My understanding is that the damaged cables serve Asia, Europe and Africa so traffic is being rerouted so...

Jerry

Offline ppppp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2024, 01:19:29 PM »
yes Telekom for me ( I strongly doubt the theory with sea cable, was always dead slow also in the past)