Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Exif/IPTC panel to replace 'Tasks' panel in contact sheet window

(1/1)

mediapromourner:
I am a user of Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6890 (ffcbb4c).

I do need to ask if there can be an update to able to have the option of replacing probably the 'Task' panel in the Contact sheet window with another potentially more useful one. The contact sheet shows ‘Favourites'; 'Tasks' and 'Navigator' panels on the left of the window. Could there be an option to swap one of them out with the Info Panel that is in the Preview screen? It would be of so much use to quickly see the details like EXIF, caption and keyword information for each image that is highlighted in the contact sheet. I can do this in the preview window but it is somethimes more efficient to stay in the contact sheet window to work.

The option to have extra information displayed in the labels underneath the thumbnails doesn’t really work as even if just selecting Caption or Headline info to view, there is hardly any space to show it so is always curtailed as it can be a few lines of text.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: mediapromourner on March 05, 2024, 09:16:55 AM ---I am a user of Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6890 (ffcbb4c).

I do need to ask if there can be an update to able to have the option of replacing probably the 'Task' panel in the Contact sheet window with another potentially more useful one. The contact sheet shows ‘Favourites'; 'Tasks' and 'Navigator' panels on the left of the window. Could there be an option to swap one of them out with the Info Panel that is in the Preview screen? It would be of so much use to quickly see the details like EXIF, caption and keyword information for each image that is highlighted in the contact sheet. I can do this in the preview window but it is somethimes more efficient to stay in the contact sheet window to work.

The option to have extra information displayed in the labels underneath the thumbnails doesn’t really work as even if just selecting Caption or Headline info to view, there is hardly any space to show it so is always curtailed as it can be a few lines of text.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried turning on the Info Tooltips?  It puts up a tool tip window next to the image that your mouse cursor is over.  Select "Show Info Tooltips" on the View menu.

HTH,

-Kirk

mediapromourner:
Thanks Kirk for your reply.

However I find those hovering pop ups get in the way and means I am moving/using my mouse while trying to navigate using the direction arrows of the keyboard to highlight the thumbnails one be one as I review and edit. MediaPro had such a feature - as you click along to each thumbnail the caption/headline/date would be viewable in a side panel.

Max Lemesh:
Options and interface customization is what we need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version