Author Topic: when exporting there is double the number of images  (Read 227 times)

Offline jjkkee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
when exporting there is double the number of images
« on: March 17, 2024, 04:25:40 PM »
I'm in a trial phase of PM - running Photo Mechanic Version 2024.3, build 7441 (8d937aa) on a new Imac 2024 M3. I have culled my gallery to 800 images but when I go to move them, I'm moving 1600 images. I've tried help menus but unable to find if there is a stacking issue etc. I only want to move the RAWs to Lightroom. Thanks

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: when exporting there is double the number of images
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 03:52:44 AM »
It doubles the number because of .xmp sidecar files

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: when exporting there is double the number of images
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 02:21:30 PM »
I'm in a trial phase of PM - running Photo Mechanic Version 2024.3, build 7441 (8d937aa) on a new Imac 2024 M3. I have culled my gallery to 800 images but when I go to move them, I'm moving 1600 images. I've tried help menus but unable to find if there is a stacking issue etc. I only want to move the RAWs to Lightroom. Thanks

Did you shoot in RAW+JPEG mode?  PM can show the pair as one thumbnail.  When selected and dragged, this will count as two items.  You can split them apart by unchecking "Combined Images" from the View menu.  Still, if you've changed the metadata on your RAW files, by default, an XMP sidecar file will be created.  If you drag and drop one of these images, it will drag two items, one for the RAW file and one for the XMP sidecar file.

-Kirk