Author Topic: update  (Read 285 times)

Offline Roger Vikstrom

• freelance photographer from Stockholm Sweden
    • View Profile
    • RVBILD
update
« on: March 23, 2024, 03:01:11 AM »
I Have version Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a)  do I have to dowbload the new version now or will it come so i just uppdate software?  the monthly cost  for it?   and when do i have to update?
And what means whith perpetual license?  is it only one year og uppdate of PM?
Regards
Roger
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 03:25:42 AM by Roger Vikstrom »

Offline vale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: update
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 03:36:47 AM »
As already stated, deal with what you get on primary channels:

We made an announcement, emailed it to everyone on our mailing list, posted it on all of our social media, and put it on the home page of our website with a highlighted link that said "Important changes coming to Photo Mechanic". The forum is not our primary means of communicating with our customers.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: update
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 09:23:40 AM »
Roger,

I Have version Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a)  do I have to download the new version now or will it come so i just update software?

Your current perpetual license allows you to run any build of Photo Mechanic Plus (v6) up until the last build released.  Version 6 will continue to be updated through the end of May 2024.

the monthly cost  for it?  and when do i have to update?

You don't have to upgrade if you don't want to.  If you're happy with your existing Photo Mechanic Plus (v6), you can continue to use it as long as you want.

And what means with perpetual license?  is it only one year of update of PM?

New perpetual licenses give you updates and technical support for one year.  After the support phase ends, you can continue to use the last build released during your support phase.

-Kirk