Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Ingest files direct from camera with USB C or similar like Thunderbolt

(1/1)

baxterbradford:
I note that the previous request from about 2 years ago was read over 1000 times. Since then a lot of camera manufacturers are offering direct transfer of files from camera to computer via USB C. Furthermore Hasselblad, Leica and others are selling cameras with large amounts of fast internal storage, so there isn't the ability to remove the card to ingest via the current stipulated card reader.

With USB C becoming the standard method of wired connectivity, it seems sensible that PM adds this facility to it's features. The directive from EU is to reduce the amount of electronic waste from chargers, cables and by implication, card readers. Additionally although my MBP has in internal SD card reader it doesn't for CF Express type B, so that means the purchase of another card reader for any future cameras I buy that use that type of storage media.

It seems strange that PM doesn't offer this and the ingest feature doesn't show the connected camera. I am on a Mac and the Mac App Image Capture lets me see & download the files as will LR Classic.

Max Lemesh:
Though I don't like downloading photos like this, I would still like this as an option

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version