Author Topic: Photo Mechanic 6, Build 7102 installed and PM chrashes after a few seconds  (Read 626 times)

Offline threiner

• View Profile
i installed the new version Photo Mechanic 6, Build 7102 and after a few seconds PM chrashes without any error message...
Is this a hint to buy the new version?

Offline threiner

• View Profile
I downloaded the trail version of the new subscription model and have the same effect: PM crashes after a few seconds. I need it to work to process my images; I don't use it to play around. This is not very funny!!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
They're largely the same application at this point.  There is no planned obsolescence on our part.  For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

They will troubleshoot the problem with you directly.

-Kirk

Offline threiner

• View Profile
This is very strange. After reinstalling the software and the graphic card driver, it seems to work but has now stalled while uploading per ftp. just stopped in the middle of the transfer. I expect it to work, thats what i pay for; i do not have time to contact support to make it work. I need to send the images. I am very disappointed with this!

Offline threiner

• View Profile
and it si not the connection...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
This is very strange. After reinstalling the software and the graphic card driver, it seems to work but has now stalled while uploading per ftp. just stopped in the middle of the transfer. I expect it to work, thats what i pay for; i do not have time to contact support to make it work. I need to send the images. I am very disappointed with this!

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder/Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline threiner

• View Profile
There are all kinds of errors. Strangly, it seems to be a connection issue, but Filezilla does not have any of these issues, and Wireshark can also not see any connection issues.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
There are all kinds of errors. Strangly, it seems to be a connection issue, but Filezilla does not have any of these issues, and Wireshark can also not see any connection issues.

Something is preventing the FTP uploader from connecting to the server via TCP/IP.  As a test, are you able to use the FTP uploader to send images to any other server?

-Kirk

Offline threiner

• View Profile
yes it stalls for a few minutes, then works again, then stalls over filezilla no problem at all. my bigger problem is that PM, when i load a larger contact sheet, just crashes without any error message. it just closes  while scrolling to through the images.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
my bigger problem is that PM, when i load a larger contact sheet, just crashes without any error message. it just closes  while scrolling to through the images.

What kind of images are you viewing?  What OS are you running?  What computer are you using?

-Kirk

Offline threiner

• View Profile
my bigger problem is that PM, when i load a larger contact sheet, just crashes without any error message. it just closes  while scrolling to through the images.

What kind of images are you viewing?  What OS are you running?  What computer are you using?

-Kirk

I guess i more powerful PC than most people use:
Intel Core i5-13600KF
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (GA106) [MSI]  (NVIDIA STUDI DRIVER 551.86)
64 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 11 Professional (x64) Build 22631.3296 (23H2)

NEF files from Nikon Z9 and Z6II

Till i updated PM there was no problem at all i worked with the same images yesterday without any issue.

And the old PM6 behaive the same way as the new Subscription version

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Here is the page for the 6890 build.  I suggest you try it:

https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=15910.0

Also, I'm not seeing any crash reports filed from you.  Is the crash reporter not appearing the next time you start Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline threiner

• View Profile
No, there is nothing that happens; it just crashes while sorting.
downgrading the graphic driver did not help. i am now downgrading to PM build 7086 and hope this helps

Update: The setup is not installing the older version  Bulid 7086. They are telling me I have a newer version.

Offline threiner

• View Profile
Here is the page for the 6890 build.  I suggest you try it:

https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=15910.0

Also, I'm not seeing any crash reports filed from you.  Is the crash reporter not appearing the next time you start Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk
ok i deactivated PM and deinstaled and try now to install the build you suggested.

Offline threiner

• View Profile
No, there is nothing that happens; it just crashes while sorting.
downgrading the graphic driver did not help. i am now downgrading to PM build 7086 and hope this helps

Update: The setup is not installing the older version of Bulid 7086. They are telling me I have a newer version.

this version seems to work. but why is the new version crashing?? Why is it put out when it does not work? on my laptop, exactly the same problem.

This theater cost me more then two hours of my time!!!!