Author Topic: Confused by licensing - Can't activate Apple Silicon Beta  (Read 1293 times)

Offline DaveBurbank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Confused by licensing - Can't activate Apple Silicon Beta
« on: July 02, 2024, 09:17:17 AM »
Hello:

I'm a long time Photo Mechanic user. I wish to try the beta which supports Apple Silicon. For some reason, I simply cannot active the beta. All attempts result in a message that I'm using an old activation key. I have activation keys for PM6 and PM6 Plus. I've also tried deactivating my non-beta version but I continue to get the error. How can I try the Apple Silicon beta using my purchased PM 6 key?

Thank you.

Offline vale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Confused by licensing - Can't activate Apple Silicon Beta
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 09:53:10 AM »
You cannot. They force you to upgrade to new subscription model, or pay the more expensive one year license

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 10:27:54 AM »
Please see my reply in the Beta 2 announcement thread for how to access the beta without signing up for a trial or making a purchase: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=16261.msg79374#msg79374

Offline DaveBurbank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2024, 12:23:23 PM »
Thank you for the replies. I didn't know about the new licensing restrictions.

Beta installed. HOLY COW!! PM is finally able to easily and quickly view 30-40k images in nested folders on my Apple M1 Max with 64GB RAM. PM has been such a disappointment to me since getting the M1 Max because it's been so sluggish when trying to view and sort thousands of big images.

I'm very excited to give this beta a thorough work over to see how the new Apple Silicon code will benefit my workflow. I'll let you know if I run into any obstacles.

Offline elianoimperato

• Photojournalist
    • View Profile
    • eliano imperato
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2024, 05:52:27 AM »
Thank you for the replies. I didn't know about the new licensing restrictions.

Beta installed. HOLY COW!! PM is finally able to easily and quickly view 30-40k images in nested folders on my Apple M1 Max with 64GB RAM. PM has been such a disappointment to me since getting the M1 Max because it's been so sluggish when trying to view and sort thousands of big images.

I'm very excited to give this beta a thorough work over to see how the new Apple Silicon code will benefit my workflow. I'll let you know if I run into any obstacles.

Unfortunately it has become very expensive...
e l i a n o