Author Topic: Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????  (Read 53 times)

Offline frank.fitzpatrick1@icloud.com

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 213
    • View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????
« on: Today at 11:02:16 AM »
Have been away from Photrgaphy due to illness and this evening was my first attempt to look at images etc that I need to cull. Not only can I not locate my photo mechanic software on my MacBook Pro but I came across my accident something called "Aftershoot" and an article telling me that Apple will no longer support the package. May I ask what exactly is going on?

Offline ahoward

  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Uber Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1398
    • View Profile
Re: Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:25:42 AM »
I looked up your account from your email address/username on the forum. You appear to have a license for a version of Photo Mechanic that should work on current versions of MacOS. We don't make Aftershoot, so I am not sure how that is relevant here, but if you are having trouble installing Photo Mechanic on your computer, I'd recommend calling our support phone number: 503-547-2800

Offline frank.fitzpatrick1@icloud.com

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 213
    • View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:18:01 PM »
Aftershoot have obviously set the search parameters on the net to intercept searches for Photo Mechanic is my best guess, but exactly how they might do that is beyond my ability.

Can I download another copy of PM? Have no interest in other software and would prefer to stick to PM


Offline frank.fitzpatrick1@icloud.com

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 213
    • View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:45:35 PM »
I have now managed to reinstall PM and then remembered that I have a new MacBook Pro which is not activated! I also tried PM on another MacBook Air some time ago before my illness and discovered it was simply not up to the job, hence the MacBook Pro with 48 Gb ram etc. Pro works much better than the basic iMac.

As I said earlier have no interest in switching to another software suite and think it is a bit underhand of this newcomer '"Aftershot" to be, in my humble opinion highjacking all camera bits work.  Do not have any problem with new products but think they have been a bit underhand.

Thanks for the response

Offline ahoward

  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Uber Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1398
    • View Profile
Re: Photo mechanic no longer works on iMac????
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:19:34 PM »
Glad you were able to get Photo Mechanic up and running.