Author Topic: Open in Adobe Camera Raw?  (Read 5054 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Open in Adobe Camera Raw?
« on: July 02, 2007, 09:26:30 AM »
Hi,

I would like opening JPG´s in Camera Raw. This can be done in Adobe Bridge. It will than open JPG´s in Camera Raw window to use the raw tools. Is it possible to have this in the upcoming 4.5.2 version.

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open in Adobe Camera Raw?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »
Hilmar,

I would like opening JPG´s in Camera Raw. This can be done in Adobe Bridge. It will than open JPG´s in Camera Raw window to use the raw tools. Is it possible to have this in the upcoming 4.5.2 version.

All we are capable of doing is sending a given file to Photoshop.  What Photoshop decides to do with a given file is up to Photoshop.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
Ok..

But have you seen this option in Adobe Bridge "Open in Camera Raw" - It sends it to Camera Raw, which then opens it in Photoshop. Is there no way to send it to the "middle-man"?

-Hilmar

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
Hilmar,

Ok..

But have you seen this option in Adobe Bridge "Open in Camera Raw" - It sends it to Camera Raw, which then opens it in Photoshop. Is there no way to send it to the "middle-man"?

Not that I know of.  Remember that both of those products are created by the same company which means that they likely have some proprietary way of communicating with each other.  This sort of information is not shared with third parties like Camera Bits, Inc.

-Kirk

Offline soren steffen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
In PS, go to preferences / file handling and then check the box saying "prefer Camera Raw for Jpg files"
Then your jpg,s  from PM  will open in ACR

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:54:01 AM »
Thanks Soren - That will do the trick.

I would finally send me wish to be able to change font and font size in printing a contact sheet. I have to do this a lot to send to management and we have our own font at my bank. Please keep this in mind Kirk.

-Hilmar