Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Slideshow to play on 2 monitors

(1/1)

johnlazar:
I did a search and couldn't find any request like this one, so here it goes..

Is it possible to get the slideshow to play on two monitors? At this point when I start the slideshow, one just goes to black while the other does it's thing. Unfortunately, it blanks out the 30" monitor and the 23" plays the images.
If this was make a wish foundations and i could make one, here's what features I'd ask for...

1. Mirror slideshow on dual monitors.
2. Rotate 1st image over one and play a new image on second monitor.
3. The possibility of exporting a movie would also be nice.  8)
    Kind of like that other viewer that starts with the letter "i" not made by Apple
4. Have the playboy playmates come over my house and show me how to use the first three features for a few nights and then I'd stop asking for more features.  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

IanGoldstein:
I use a fantastic app called UltraMon (www.ultramon.com) to help manage multiple monitors on Windows. Other than some really slick features that makes using multiple monitors much, much better, it does let you "mirror" the content from one monitor onto another.

-Ian

jjtiziou:

On a mac, mirroring your two displays is pretty easy via your display preferences-

However, here's what I'd really like to be able to do with photo mechanic: Run a fullscreen slideshow in a secondary monitor (or projector) while still editing through pics on the main screen. Right now, for a functionality like this, I need a second machine dedicated to running the live slideshow, always watching the folder that I copy files to from the first machine. It'd be way nicer to be able to do this with a single computer.

-jj

vAfotoriporter:
I second the idea! It would be great to have live slideshow run in the background on a second monitor. Maybe I could imgagine a separate Live Slideshow application to run in the background for this reason too...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version