Author Topic: Newbie / Demo - Macro variables?  (Read 6020 times)

Offline Boatguy

• View Profile
Newbie / Demo - Macro variables?
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:15:40 PM »
I like the demo, but the help file is very weak.

The variables capabilities seems very advanced so this feature must exist, but I can't find it.

Is it possible to create a "macro" variable that contains other variables so that I don't have to recreate it each time?  For example if I want to rename one set of photos in a particular fashion (e.g., date time) and another set another way (e.g., location camera), can I create a "user defined" variable that will contain the appropriate IPTC variables and then use the "user defined" variable over and over?

Thank you.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Newbie / Demo - Macro variables?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »
I like the demo, but the help file is very weak.

Please download the manual:

http://www.camerabits.com/download/index.html

Quote from: Boatguy
The variables capabilities seems very advanced so this feature must exist, but I can't find it.

Is it possible to create a "macro" variable that contains other variables so that I don't have to recreate it each time?  For example if I want to rename one set of photos in a particular fashion (e.g., date time) and another set another way (e.g., location camera), can I create a "user defined" variable that will contain the appropriate IPTC variables and then use the "user defined" variable over and over?

There are no generic "variable of variables" in Photo Mechanic, but you can use the snapshot button (looks like a lightning bolt) to make multiple rename styles in the Rename dialog.  The snapshot button appears in most dialogs.

-Kirk

Offline Boatguy

• View Profile
Re: Newbie / Demo - Macro variables?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:57:45 PM »
Ahhh, much better.

Thank you!