Author Topic: Live Slide Show  (Read 5625 times)

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Live Slide Show
« on: August 03, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »
Hi

So maybe I don't understand just what Live Slide Show is supposed to do.  I've used it with Nikon Camera Control.  The images appear in the assigned folder in Camera Control and in another window they appear slowly in PM.  Are they supposed to appear or can they appear in a larger window in PM?  Camera Control does not show thumbnails, just large images.  I guess I want Camera Control to feed PM and view in PM.  As far as I can tell I have PM set up correctly. It seems too easy to have it wrong.

Also I use a Pentax digital. I have their Remote Assistant.  It is the same kind of thing as Nikon Camera Control.  The Images that appear there are too small.  If I could make PM show the Pentax images larger as they ingest that would be great.

So what am I doing wrong with my PM set up?  Or does it even do what I think it does?

Thanks

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Live Slide Show
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 08:58:32 PM »
Neil,

So maybe I don't understand just what Live Slide Show is supposed to do.  I've used it with Nikon Camera Control.  The images appear in the assigned folder in Camera Control and in another window they appear slowly in PM.  Are they supposed to appear or can they appear in a larger window in PM?  Camera Control does not show thumbnails, just large images.  I guess I want Camera Control to feed PM and view in PM.  As far as I can tell I have PM set up correctly. It seems too easy to have it wrong.

Also I use a Pentax digital. I have their Remote Assistant.  It is the same kind of thing as Nikon Camera Control.  The Images that appear there are too small.  If I could make PM show the Pentax images larger as they ingest that would be great.

So what am I doing wrong with my PM set up?  Or does it even do what I think it does?

Live Slide Show is just a Slide Show that watches a folder for new images.  When new images arrive in the folder, they are displayed as large as possible.  If you are shooting RAW, then it is the size of the embedded JPEG preview of the RAW file that will determine the displayable size.

What camera models are you shooting with, and are you shooting in RAW or JPEG?

-Kirk

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:43:07 AM »
Kirk

I shoot a Nikon D2HS and a Pentax K10D.  I shoot RAW.  This last time with the Nikon I shot RAW+jpg to send the client off with jpgs asap.  It just occured to me I could zoom up the image size on the contact sheet they appear in. That would help. 

I really have no complaints about doing this with the Nikon as their SW works great. The Pentax may as well not be tethered if the whole point is previews for clients.  It is the Pentax I hope I can get a better preview from with PM

Neil

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 07:08:16 AM »
Neil,

I shoot a Nikon D2HS and a Pentax K10D.  I shoot RAW.  This last time with the Nikon I shot RAW+jpg to send the client off with jpgs asap.  It just occured to me I could zoom up the image size on the contact sheet they appear in. That would help. 

I really have no complaints about doing this with the Nikon as their SW works great. The Pentax may as well not be tethered if the whole point is previews for clients.  It is the Pentax I hope I can get a better preview from with PM

The D2HS should have a fairly high resolution preview in the NEF files it produces.  The Pentax however may not put large previews in its PEF files.  There may be a setting inside the camera that you can adjust to make it generate larger previews.

-Kirk