Author Topic: Marking Images Sent  (Read 4450 times)

Offline rsorbo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Marking Images Sent
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:38:02 AM »
Hi again:

Another feature idea popped into my head...
I'd like to have the images I sent by either FTP or PhotoShelter to be marked as such automatically.
This could be done with the color class, IPTC field or even a little FTP/PS graphic on the thumbnails sent.
I'd just like someway to be able to quickly search a folder of images for the "sent" ones.
It would help me keep track of what are my outtakes, so the sent images don't get resent to a competitor down the road. Or I can make sure just the outtakes are uploaded to PS and not any already sent to the wire.
Thanks,

Rob

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
    • Propaganda
Re: Marking Images Sent
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:37 AM »
I'd second that.

I'd also like to 'lock' a file so that I cannot accidentally delete it. I colour code on my edit and use red to mark one for deletion. Sometimes it's easy to colour code one red when it was already coded something else when you go through images at speed. Perhaps the colour code could be the whole background around the image instead of the small blob at the bottom?

Offline mbrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
Marking images sent would be a great feature.  I have seen it in other packages, but I think they were internal (within news orgs).

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:49 PM »
hello, please use the search engine before posting a new post - there is already a thread with such feature requested few weeks before, you can just add to it. This keeps the forum more clear.

Frantisek