Author Topic: Spell check issue in Caption Field with 4.5.2  (Read 3186 times)

Offline AnthonyAdachi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Spell check issue in Caption Field with 4.5.2
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:57:08 PM »
Hello,

I was trying to check the spelling in the Caption field of the IPTC Stationary Pad in Photo Mechanic 4.5.2 but ran into some difficulties.

When the "Spelling..." menu is selected when in the IPTC Stationary Pad the resulting Spelling window doesn't come to the front. It in fact appears behind the IPTC Stationary Pad window and doesn't gain focus even when clicked on. So, corrections can't be made with the spell check.

I'm using Mac OS 10.4.10 PPC.

Thanks,

Anthony

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spell check issue in Caption Field with 4.5.2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:02:39 PM »
Anthony,

I was trying to check the spelling in the Caption field of the IPTC Stationary Pad in Photo Mechanic 4.5.2 but ran into some difficulties.

When the "Spelling..." menu is selected when in the IPTC Stationary Pad the resulting Spelling window doesn't come to the front. It in fact appears behind the IPTC Stationary Pad window and doesn't gain focus even when clicked on. So, corrections can't be made with the spell check.

I'm using Mac OS 10.4.10 PPC.

Only the inline spell checker works properly with modal dialogs (like the IPTC dialog.)  You can access the functionality of the inline spell checker from the contextual menu from within the text edit fields.  (Right-click or Ctrl-click to bring up the contextual menu.)

-Kirk

Offline AnthonyAdachi

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Spell check issue in Caption Field with 4.5.2
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »

Okay, I see now.

Thanks for your help.