Author Topic: Can't Edit in preveiw?  (Read 7823 times)

Offline Niall NotW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can't Edit in preveiw?
« on: August 23, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »
Hi Folks,

When I preview a picture I can not edit from this page because the edit icon is not highlighted? I can only edit the picture in preview if I hold hold the ctrl key. Why is this? I used to work many moons ago and then I downloaded a update and stopped working. PM is working on a Powerbook G4 running 10.4.10 and PM has been payed for my company and the updates run out at the end of Aug 2007.  Has anyone have any come across this or knows what to do to correct?

Niall  >:(

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't Edit in preveiw?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »
Niall,

When I preview a picture I can not edit from this page because the edit icon is not highlighted? I can only edit the picture in preview if I hold hold the ctrl key. Why is this? I used to work many moons ago and then I downloaded a update and stopped working. PM is working on a Powerbook G4 running 10.4.10 and PM has been payed for my company and the updates run out at the end of Aug 2007.  Has anyone have any come across this or knows what to do to correct?

What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?

-Kirk

Offline Niall NotW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »
Niall,

When I preview a picture I can not edit from this page because the edit icon is not highlighted? I can only edit the picture in preview if I hold hold the ctrl key. Why is this? I used to work many moons ago and then I downloaded a update and stopped working.

Are you talking about the toolbar button that allows you to launch your photo into an external editor?  How does holding down the Ctrl key help in this regard? (Generally holding down the Ctrl key and clicking causes the display of a contextual menu on Mac OS X.)

I just previewed an image in version 4.5.2 and the Edit button was enabled.  Do you have a default external editor setup in your Photo Mechanic preferences?  If you don't have an editor specified then the button will be disabled.

What version of Photo Mechanic had you last used before you upgraded?

-Kirk

Offline Niall NotW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:27:28 PM »
Kirk,

Your a star my PM works 110% now. I hadn't set a default, for edit.

Many Thanks

Niall  ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:30:49 PM by Niall NotW »