Author Topic: Tag in PM and sort in DPP?  (Read 3112 times)

Offline rtb111

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tag in PM and sort in DPP?
« on: September 11, 2007, 06:47:17 AM »
Actually I have two questions,

First, can I tag images in PM and have that recognized in dpp?  It is so much easier to zip through and make selects in PM than in DPP!

Seond,  PM seems to be sorting constantly, everytime I do something I seem to be waiting for "sort in progress".  Is there a way to only have PM sort when I ask it to?  This seems especially slow on ingesting.  It seems to do the same thing on both my PC (main computer) and MAC (laptop).

TIA for the help and such a great product!

Todd.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tag in PM and sort in DPP?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
Todd,

Actually I have two questions,

First, can I tag images in PM and have that recognized in dpp?  It is so much easier to zip through and make selects in PM than in DPP!

No.  I have never figured out what DPP uses for selection and tagging.

Quote from: rtb111
Seond,  PM seems to be sorting constantly, everytime I do something I seem to be waiting for "sort in progress".  Is there a way to only have PM sort when I ask it to?  This seems especially slow on ingesting.  It seems to do the same thing on both my PC (main computer) and MAC (laptop).

PM 4.5.3 (coming soon) will have optimizations to limit the amount of rescanning performed when you switch back into PM from another application.  In testing it appears to work really well so far.

-Kirk