Author Topic: Meta Input  (Read 5083 times)

Offline pbp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Meta Input
« on: October 19, 2007, 02:27:26 PM »
Using Reicks cvkc keywords in PM and adding hierarchies it includes the catergory such as for South America:

South America > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES

I want South America in the keywords, I do not want > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES in the keywords.  How do I keep them out?  It is currently in the left hand column.

Here is an entire entry made from PM's hierarchal keyword entry showing up in Lightroom:

Argentina > South America, Buenos Aires, Ciconia maguari, Maguari, Pampas, South America > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES, Stork, animal > 08001000, animal behavior, bird, birds > pets > animals, coast > land, field, flood > weather, flying, horizontal, horizontals > IMAGE/COLOR/STYLE/FORMAT, marsh > wetland > land, precision > CATEGORIES, reflection, respect, scenic, wading, walking, waterfowl > birds > wildlife, wetlands > 06006004, wildlife > animals, zooming

Why are all those > in there?  How do I get them out before they are entered in?  The numbers getting entered in is a complete mystery.

Once these are uploaded to, say, DigitalRailroad the capitalized words disappear, which is good, but the numbers are intact.

Thanks,

Patrick Bennett

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Meta Input
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:51:22 PM »
Patrick,

Using Reicks cvkc keywords in PM and adding hierarchies it includes the catergory such as for South America:

South America > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES

I want South America in the keywords, I do not want > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES in the keywords.  How do I keep them out?  It is currently in the left hand column.

Isn't the WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES drawn in grey text?  It should be.  Are you sure you're using the correct CVKC for Photo Mechanic?

Quote from: pbp
Here is an entire entry made from PM's hierarchal keyword entry showing up in Lightroom:

Argentina > South America, Buenos Aires, Ciconia maguari, Maguari, Pampas, South America > WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES, Stork, animal > 08001000, animal behavior, bird, birds > pets > animals, coast > land, field, flood > weather, flying, horizontal, horizontals > IMAGE/COLOR/STYLE/FORMAT, marsh > wetland > land, precision > CATEGORIES, reflection, respect, scenic, wading, walking, waterfowl > birds > wildlife, wetlands > 06006004, wildlife > animals, zooming

Why are all those > in there?  How do I get them out before they are entered in?  The numbers getting entered in is a complete mystery.

I think you must be using the wrong database from David Riecks.

Quote from: pbp
Once these are uploaded to, say, DigitalRailroad the capitalized words disappear, which is good, but the numbers are intact.

I don't know why it would be any different, but I still suspect that you've got the wrong database version.

-Kirk

Offline pbp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »
I just tested it on my machine, seems to be working fine.  My wife had the cvkc for both Inview Meta Machine and PM so it is possible she installed the wrong one.  Is there a way to check to see which one was imported?  If that is the case what would happen if I now merged her keywords with mine?  She has added a lot of her own keywords that we would like to keep.

Thanks Kirk.

Patrick

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 06:16:21 PM »
Patrick,

I just tested it on my machine, seems to be working fine.  My wife had the cvkc for both Inview Meta Machine and PM so it is possible she installed the wrong one.  Is there a way to check to see which one was imported?  If that is the case what would happen if I now merged her keywords with mine?  She has added a lot of her own keywords that we would like to keep.

The correct one will definitely show things like WORLD REGIONS & COUNTRIES in grey text (which lets you know that it is for organizational purposes only and will not be part of the applied path.)

If you merged hers with yours and it had the wrong CVKC file imported then yours will likely have duplicate items: those that are from the PM version of the CVKC and those that she added, and those from the wrong CVKC file.

I recommend opening up the saved Structured Keywords file in a UTF-8 capable text editor and then remove the duplicate nodes.  The correctly-marked organizational nodes will be surrounded by "[" and "]".

If you're really having trouble, you can send me the file and I'll try to fix it up for you.

HTH,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:47:16 PM by Kirk Baker »