Author Topic: Snapshot/Template for Find & Replace  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• View Profile
Snapshot/Template for Find & Replace
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:04:41 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Just had an idea for something that would certainly help my workflow. It would be really helpful if it were possible to save a couple of different templates for the Find & Replace dialogue so that I don't manually have to enter the information each time. Is this something that could be added easily?

I currently batch caption all of my images first and then select two sets of edits. The first set of edits have the correct caption from my initial captioning. Then, on the second set of edits, I have to use Find & Replace to change some of the caption information in several of the fields - caption, photographer, source, copyright, etc. Also, some of my clients require some different captioning info so I have to use Find & Replace for that too. This is a great tool in PM and is one of the reasons I find PM so powerful.

Cheers,

Paul Smith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Snapshot/Template for Find & Replace
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 06:43:13 AM »
Paul,

Just had an idea for something that would certainly help my workflow. It would be really helpful if it were possible to save a couple of different templates for the Find & Replace dialogue so that I don't manually have to enter the information each time. Is this something that could be added easily?

I currently batch caption all of my images first and then select two sets of edits. The first set of edits have the correct caption from my initial captioning. Then, on the second set of edits, I have to use Find & Replace to change some of the caption information in several of the fields - caption, photographer, source, copyright, etc. Also, some of my clients require some different captioning info so I have to use Find & Replace for that too. This is a great tool in PM and is one of the reasons I find PM so powerful.

We definitely have some plans to improve the Find/Find & Replace dialogs so when I work on that, adding snapshots would be pretty easy.

-Kirk